Our Vision Statement
We aim to:
- Create a happy, caring and secure environment where children enjoy their learning and flourish and achieve their full potential both academically and socially.
- Meet the needs of each individual child giving them equal access to a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Encourage good liaison between the school, parents, governors and local community.
- Equip the children with the skills to contribute fully to school life and the wider society in which they live.
- Encourage children to adopt a healthy lifestyle.
We aim to give the children the opportunity to:
- Become independent and caring in a positive environment where individual achievement is recognised, supported and respected. We seek to develop their self esteem, well being and expect good behaviour at all times.
- Involve themselves in all aspects of school life whilst working co-operatively and collaboratively with adults and peers.
- Learn to respect other people’s beliefs, opinions and property and learn to care for their environment and community.
- Experience a variety of teaching styles and strategies most suited to the needs of the children to support, challenge and reinforce the learning process.
- Experience a broad and balanced curriculum that is both relevant and differentiated to the needs of each individual and which fulfils the national requirement.
- Enhance their education by offering a wide range of educational opportunities.
We aim to achieve this through:
- Striving for a high quality of teaching and learning through which children of all abilities can achieve their full potential.
- Providing a happy, secure environment where children are valued equally and value one another and where they can develop their self esteem and self discipline.
- Offering a stimulating, broad and balanced curriculum based upon high expectations and high standards, particularly in literacy and numeracy and which promotes learning through encouragement and praise.
- Encouraging parents to take an active role in supporting their children’s learning through regular communication, welcoming volunteers and guest speakers in school and providing opportunities to find out more about the school.
- Developing positive links between home, school, governors and the wider community in order to support the children’s learning.
- Enabling and encouraging the whole staff and governors to work together as a team, sharing expertise and valuing one another’s strengths.
"Our school believes in empowering parents through relationships built on trust, acknowledging their value as partners working for the best interest of all children."