The Vision At Danemill Primary School
To create e-confident learners:
- Who are able to find, access and process information.
- Who have the skills to choose and use technology efficiently and adapt their skills to meet the challenge of new technologies.
- Who can use a range of technologies to communicate effectively and appropriately.
Children at Danemill Primary School use the Internet on a regular basis as an integral part of their learning. In school, we have regular eSafety activities to remind children of the importance of keeping themselves safe online.
In our changing world, children are ever more exposed to a variety of different media and information. Increasing provision of the Internet both in and out of school brings with it the need to ensure our learners are safe!
Here are some tips and useful links to help you to keep your children safe online:
- Make sure your child understands they should keep new online friends strictly online. If someone asks to meet them in the real world they must tell you about it. If someone they don't know asks to be their online friend they must ask you first.
- Know how to use the CEOP Button and how to report to the CEOP Centre if you are concerned about someone’s online behaviour towards your child. Parents and children can both report at www.ceop.gov.uk or www.thinkuknow.co.uk
- Visit www.ceop.gov.uk/parents or www.kidsmart.org.uk/parents for more information.
- Visit the age-appropriate related sites: 5-7s (Hector’s World), 8-10s (Cybercafe) or watch one of the films on the 11-16s site.
- Useful video resources can be found at www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/topics/stay-safe.
- National Parents and Teachers Association website - lots of very useful information.
- Prevent Duty Departmental Advice